Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Eating badly, sleeping little and barely running (and writing) - Days 72-75 of running streak, Days 69-72 of Sugar Free Challenge*

Y'all, I have been terrible this week.  Last two weeks really.

I've been deep in rehearsal and soccer for about two weeks now.  I leave at 6:35 to drop off oldest son at school, then I get to work by 8.  Work until 5 or 6, straight to theater, rehearse, home by 10:30 or 11.  Eat dinner, go to bed, up at 5 the next morning.

And so it goes.

My dietary habits have been awful; I've been eating a lot from QT.  A LOT.  And they don't have a lot of heart-healthy, nutritious food at the QT.

My sleep has been between 4.5-5 hours a night on a good night.  Not enough by a long shot.

And the running...I've made myself do a mile the last 3 or 4 days, and I'm afraid I'm going to lose my endurance if I don't get back to 3+ at least 4 or 5 times a week.

Show opens Friday, but we have rehearsal every night leading up to it.  I love the show and hope you all can come see it.  But it doesn't mix well with nutrition and sleep.

So I'm chugging along, trying to survive until next Monday.  No show, no rehearsal.  Rehearsal picks back up on Wednesday after our opening weekend.  Maybe a chance to rest and eat better.

I've got to get some miles in, real miles.  That's for me.  I'm glad that I'm at least keeping the streak going.  But as I've said so many times here, do something.  Anything physical that gets your heart going.  So I'm happy that I'm doing something.

I've also said a lot that you need to make time for something that you love to do.  And I love acting and singing.  I love being in shows.  So I guess I'm sacrificing some other stuff for that, for the time being.  I look and feel a lot better than I did during Phantom last fall; I even had a doctor tell me that she thought I looked bad during that show.  Like unhealthy bad.  Three months after that show ended, I had open heart surgery.

I love writing as well, and that's been tough to do lately as well.  Please hang in there with me; I'll get back to doing this daily really soon.

Take care of yourselves.

Last four days runs:  Saturday - 1.04 miles, Sunday - 1.04 miles, Monday - 1.03 miles, Tuesday - 1.02 miles.  Verified by Nike + running app.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing your show! Keep inspiring others! I too am very sleep deprived. It is horrible! It makes me not want to exercise.
    But you prove that you can do it even when you don't feel like it!

    ReplyDelete