Thursday, September 1, 2016

I ate a cheeseburger (and I liked it) - Day 57 of running streak, day 54 of Sugar Free Challenge*

"This was never what I planned, not my intention..."

I packed 2 apples, a banana and a cheese stick for lunch today, knowing that I would be eating badly (hot dog, pretzel, brat) at the Panthers game that I'm working at tonight.

"..lost my discretion.."

I left it at home by accident today.  I don't eat out much because most of the food is terrible for you as far as fat, calories and sodium go.  Plus it's expensive.

But I had to eat, so I looked at the online menu at the burger place downstairs from our office

"It's not what I'm used to..."

I ordered a cheeseburger with chili, mustard and onions, sweet potato fries, and a diet soda.

"just wanna try you on, I'm curious for you, caught my attention."

I went down to pick it up and my boss was down there.  I wasn't expecting this, but he stepped in and payed for it.  Very nice.  I brought the greasy sack upstairs.

I ate the cheeseburger and I liked it
The taste of that yummy chili
I ate some fries just to try them
I hope my cardio won't mind it
It felt so wrong, it felt so right
Don't think I'm ditchin my diet
I ate that junk and I liked it
I liked it!

Man!!  That was good!!  I pretty much cancelled my run from this morning, but no biggie.  I run every single day, so I'll get back to being good tomorrow.

It's sitting kind of heavy.  Can't believe I used to eat junk like that all the time.  But once in a while's okay.  Right?

Right.

Today's run:  2.86 miles, verified by Nike + running app.  "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry.  Click here for the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAp9BKosZXs

No comments:

Post a Comment