Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sometimes it all comes together - Day 68 of running streak, day 65 of Sugar Free Challenge*

Tired when I went to bed last night, got up at 4:30 am to go running.  Yeah I was tired, no I didn't get enough sleep.  Very bad; don't do what I'm doing.  Ran 2.98 miles.  3 miles tomorrow!

The stars were beautiful and the temp was about 65 degrees.  Fantastic.  Felt a little zombie-like, but I felt like a string was pulling me along.

Got back to the house, made taco meat for the wife and kids tonight.  With 1776 rehearsals going so late and soccer practice also going so late, I do dinner for them a couple nights a week.  I know, I'm great.

Got cleaned up and came to work; 5 minutes after I got here a deal closed for me!  Whoo hoo!

I'm worried about where I am on my lines for 1776, so I've been working on them during lunch and before rehearsal.  Was happy to find out on a review that I'm actually off book for about 70 pages; I still have 47 that I need to get off for, but I'm better off than I thought I was.  Happy about that!

A healthy lunch and some great coffee later, and I'm ready to get through the rest of the day.  No doubt things will go well.  Or if they don't, that's okay.  Energy is very high, things are going wonderfully.

It's truly great and amazing when things come together.  When you invite someone to see your product and they not only look, but buy it.  You came along at the right time and helped each other out.  Or when you're young, and want to ask that girl out so bad, but you're afraid to, and you finally get the courage up, and she says yes.  You almost can't believe it.  Or when you start learning your part in a show, and you work on it, and finally you realize that you KNOW it, you've learned it.

Life is incredible.  We (I) focus on the struggle and the challenges so much that we (I) tend to focus on the negatives, the problems.  But so many good things are happening all the time in your lives and you don't even know it.  You don't realize it, because you're not looking,  You're looking for the problems.  You're worried that things will go wrong.  Meanwhile, things are going incredibly right.

My sons are fantastic soccer players, and that's not just my opinion.  My older son just switched back to forward this year from defense, and has scored something like 7 or 8 goals and assisted on 5-6 others so far in 10 games.  Great, right?  What does he focus on?  The misses.  "Did you see that shot I missed??"  Yes, but I also saw that one you buried in the top left corner.  I liked that one better.

We work, we struggle, we fight, we get hurt.  But sometimes, a lot of times, it all comes together.  We just have to notice.

Today's run - 2.98 miles, verified by Nike + running app

No comments:

Post a Comment