Wednesday, September 7, 2016

My feet hurt - Day 62 of running streak, day 59 of Sugar Free Challenge*

Got an extra hour of sleep last night, was very excited about that.  Still only got 6 hours, not enough, but better than what I had been getting.

Excited to get my running stuff on, I grabbed my phone, went out and stretched.  Hamstrings hurt.

And my feet hurt, specifically my toes and heels.  Heel pain = not a good thing for runners.  Heel pain + tight hammys = really super not good for runners.  Those plus toe pain = not running my normal distance today,

I think that the back to back to back 2+ mile runs are wearing me down, folks.  It has me concerned because the last time this stuff started happening I got plantar fasciitis, which kept me from running for six months.  Ever had that?  It ain't fun.  It even makes walking difficult.

So I shortened it up today.  Only went 1.02 miles.  Normally that aggravates me no end, but today I figured it would help me to go short more than hurt me.  In other words, I might be avoiding long term injury that way.

I could use some new shoes, both running shoes and dress shoes.  The dress shoes hurt my feet and have no support, but I have to wear them to work.  The running shoes are pretty important too!

Yes, it's good to push yourself.  Push yourself out the door to exercise.  Push yourself away from that plate of crappy food.  Push yourself to do what you really want to do.

But you should not push yourself if you're injured.  You should take it easy, or maybe even not exercise at all.

I'm not there yet; I'm hoping this is a temporary thing that was just today, that by cutting back miles today I'll be able to go longer tomorrow.  But right now I'm taking it day by day, especially with our show being 16 days away (yikes!).

Exercise but please don't hurt yourselves.  You know the pace you need to go at; listen to your body because it's always right.  It's your brain that you have to watch out for.

Have a great day!

Today's run - 1.02 miles, verified by Nike + running app

No comments:

Post a Comment