Thursday, July 14, 2016

Anything I can do, you can do better - Day 8 of runnng streak, Day 5 of SFC*

Waking up at 5.  I'm used to it by now.  Like I said before, I have the pesky yet useful internal alarm clock that gets me up at 5 now whether I want to or not. 

It's certainly useful for running.  I don't know when I'd run if I didn't do it early.

Are you doing anything for exercise?

This isn't accusatory; I'm really concerned.

I know that running at 5 am isn't for everybody.  I know this because at most I'll see a handful of people out there when I do my run.  Neither is running every day; I'm sure some of you think it's foolish.  Maybe it is.

But what are you doing?

"I don't have enough time.". Yes you do.  That's just an excuse.  Look at your day.  Does someone have their hands on all of your time?  Then you need to take 30 minutes of it back for you.  Walk, or go to the gym, stroll around.  Whatever.  Your health and well-being is more important than just about anything you have to do today.

"I'm afraid I'll look foolish." So don't join an exercise group or class.  Walk by yourself, or with a friend or loved one.  Workout alone with a YouTube video or an early morning exercise TV show. 

"I don't know how to get started.". On your lunch break today, eat your lunch in 15-20 minutes, ten go outside and walk.  Or, as soon as you get home today, change clothes and go for a 15-20 minute walk before dinner.  That's how you get started.  If you don't know how to get started, you're thinking too much.

Please do this, at minimum 3-4 times a week.  It's your life, your body, your time.

You'll never get any of them back. 

I'm not an athlete.  I'm terrible at every sport.  And I'm running.

You don't have to run.  You can walk, or swim, or play soccer or basketball.

If I can get out there, you can too.  And you can do better than me.  Let's go!

Today's run:  1.85 miles, verified by Nike + running app for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment