Sunday, July 31, 2016

Keeping it going- Day 25 of runnng streak, Day 22 of Sugar Free Challenge*

I felt like crap today.

I ran fine yesterday morning, then I went to work at a concessions stand at a big soccer game nearby.  I spent about seven hours on my feet helping serve food.

I wound up staying up late catching up with the family after being gone all day.

I didn't sleep well, and woke up stiff and achy.

Not optimal conditions for running.

I started out like I was in quicksand, my legs felt so heavy.

I thought, "There's no way I'm going to make 2 miles plus today." And I was right.

I barely got through a mile today, just enough to keep the streak going.  I had to at least do that.

Sometimes, the effort is all we have.  We just don't have it that day.  We want to break records, feel great at the end of our workout, a sense of accomplishment at a job well done.

But there are days that we have nothing in the tank.  Nothing.  Yet we go on anyway.

We do something, and something is always better than nothing.

I'm hoping my energy returns and I'm able to smash it tomorrow.  Monday mornings are usually pretty invigorating for me, so I fully expect to be back on track, running a little farther than my Saturday run.

And I'll be inspired to write something good that will be helpful to you.

Remember that even if you're tired or not feeling your best that you still need to try to do what you need to do.  If you're sick or injured, rest and feel better.  Otherwise, give it a go and do something.  Make the effort.

Have a great Sunday!

Today's run:  1.02 miles, verified by Nike + running app

No comments:

Post a Comment