Saturday, July 16, 2016

The Mission - Day 10 of running streak, Day 7 of SFC*

We are going on a journey today.  My wife, daughter and I.

It started with my run this morning.  I grabbed an extra hour of sleep and got up at 6, and averaged 8.32 minutes per mile.  If I hadn't gotten the extra sleep, I wouldn't have been able to do that.

We are driving from our home to Atlanta, to pick up our daughter from her mission trip in Nicaragua.  l can't wait to see her and hear all about it.  Then, we're driving from there to take her to another mission experience near Myrtle Beach.  Then we're probably driving home after that.  It's a total of like 12 hours in the car.

Crazy, yes.  Totally worth it?  You bet.

The kid loves doing mission work.  I told her one time that there's not a lot of money in that.  She smiled and told me that it's okay, she doesn't need much. 

Something tells me that she's going to be okay.

We all have missions, don't we?  Taking care of our children, our spouses, going to work.

Those are some of my missions too.  I also have a mission to run every single day and write this blog.  I want to be healthy, and I hope if you read it that it will help you be healthy too.

One of your missions should be taking care of YOU.  If you can't be healthy because you're doing too much other stuff, then eventually the other stuff won't matter.  Because you won't be here to do it.

It almost happened to me.  But I'm alive, and joyful, and blessed beyond comprehension.

What's your mission?

Today's run:  1.92 miles, verified by Nike + running app.

No comments:

Post a Comment