Wednesday, July 13, 2016

YESSSS!!!!!! Plus a GREAT health podcast - Day 7 of running streak, Day 4 of SFC*

What a GREAT day!!!!!  Hope you all have had as great of a start to the day as I have!

This morning's run was fantastic!!!  I don't pay attention to my time but typically it takes me about 9 minutes to run a mile, more or less.  By the end of my run I'm huffing and puffing a good bit.

Today felt different, though.  Got a decent night's sleep; not quite enough but decent.

Started running, got to about a mile, then heard my alert:  "Distance - 1 mile, average time 8:39 seconds."  HUGE for me.  I typically slow down as the run goes on, but today I thought, "I can beat 9 minutes if I just keep going like I am.  Keep the pace up."  I passed a couple other groups of runners and that gave me some more motivation.  And guess what?

1.82 miles, average pace 8.27 minutes per mile!!!! Ran faster between 1 mile and the end!

SMASHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On day 3 of the sugar-free challenge*, I had no sweets,  nor did I add sugar to anything.  Only sugar was in the bread, peanut butter, fruit and tomato sauce that I ate yesterday.

I haven't noticed any big difference in how I'm feeling yet.  I do feel good about kicking the Cafe Caramel coffee-like beverage in favor of a medium roast actual coffee.  I've been sweetening that with Equal, but I think I'm going to switch to Stevia since that's actually made from a plant.  Unless it's really sugar.  If you know, please let me know by leaving me a comment here or on my Facebook page.

Now, as promised, the link to Dr. Sanjiv Chopra's GREAT podcast on the James Altucher show recently.  You absolutely have to take the time to listen to this:
 http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2016/07/sanjivchopra/

By the way, if you're not subscribed to James Altucher's email distro, you're missing out.  Check his website out when you get a chance; maybe I'll put a link to that here as well.

Today's run:  1.82 miles, verified by Nike + running app.  Have a fantastic day!


No comments:

Post a Comment