Friday, July 8, 2016

Nicaragua and me - Day 2 of streak

Day 2

Nicaragua directly affected my run this morning....  Yes, the country of Nicaragua.  I bet they had no idea.

My daughter is going to Nicaragua on a mission trip today.  For a week.  She's 16.

She's traveled internationally before, on a mission trip to Guatemala with our church last year.  She loved it so much, that she jumped at the chance to go to Central America again.

So we were up late finalizing things, getting the last things ready.  She's taking a class online this summer so that she doesn't have to take it during the school year, so she had some assignments to finish, so she was up late too.

I was pretty sleep deprived, but I didn't think it was a good idea to stop my streak at one day.  Especially after starting a blog called "I Run Every Single Day."

So I got up and ran.  I thought about everyone who has visited this blog so far (thanks!) and who might be coming back today.  I couldn't let you down, and I couldn't let myself down.

My daughter drove me to work today.  We had a great time coming in, talking and laughing.

I hugged her goodbye; Mom will be taking her to the airport today.

I will miss her.  I will be thinking of her, thousands of miles away, when I go running tomorrow.  And the next day, and the next.

One of the great and not so great things about running is that it gives you time to think.  It's time that is completely yours, and if you go early, like I do, there's almost nothing else going on.  No cars, no people, no interruptions.  Just you, the road, and your brain.

Have a great adventure kid!

Today's run:  1.70 miles.  Tracked by Nike + running app.

No comments:

Post a Comment