Sunday, July 10, 2016

The Sugar-Free Challenge* - Day 4 of streak

Good Sunday morning everyone!

Loved my run this morning!  About 70 degrees, no traffic, just felt good to be alive.

I've been a little bummed lately that the pounds aren't dropping off of me like they did last time.  I mean, I lost like 10 pounds the first week when I started running in 2008.  I'm fairly careful with diet now, so what's different?

Sugar.  That's what it is.  Last time I restricted refined sugar from my diet, and I haven't been doing that this time.  I have a terrible sweet tooth as well, so I'm getting a lot of extra fat and calories as well when I try to soothe my cravings.  So I'm giving myself (and you if you want) a challenge.

I'm quitting sugar*.  See that asterisk?  Here's another one if you didn't see the first one*.

The rules I'm giving myself are:

- no added refined or brown sugar to anything.  Huge because I'm a coffee drinker like nobody's business and I eat oatmeal every morning.  Maybe I can switch to honey for the oatmeal or something.  I don't know what I'm going to do about the coffee.

- no candy or sweet baked goods.  Or dessert.  Man, this is going to be tough.

- fruit is okay.  The benefits far outweigh the natural sugar.  Yay, watermelon!

- sugar in processed foods is okay too, for now.  Sugar free ketchup and tomato sauce is terrible.  Bread's okay too, for now.  But not banana bread.  That's cake.

So I'll start this morning and check in every day.  You want to do this too?  I could use the help.  Just leave a comment here if you're in, or on my Facebook page. 

Suddenly, I want a donut.  😈

Today's run:  1.74 miles, verified by Nike + running app for iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment