Monday, August 1, 2016

Feeling great and healthy!!! - Day 26 or running streak, day 23 of Sugar Free Challenge*

Hi everybody!  Happy Monday afternoon!!!

Yesterday I was out of gas.  Today I woke up fired up and haven't stopped since.

I ran the furthest since the streak began:  2.29 miles.  My pace wasn't bad, although I did do better on my second mile than my first.  As I've mentioned here before, I love it when that happens!!  It makes me feel so good when I pump out that extra effort to try to break the 9 minute mile barrier; even if I don't quite get there I'm happy to shave off a few seconds.

I use the time as more of a motivator than anything else.  I'm not a fast runner (never have been) and I'm not trying to be.  It's still fun to hear that final time be faster than the split time.

I did a bunch of stuff last night that I normally put off until the morning, because I've been trying to free up some time when I get up.  My run/cool down typically takes about 35 minutes, so I'm usually really pressed for time.  This morning, I wound up with about 20 extra minutes!  I still had to do all of the stuff, but it seemed to take less time when I did it the night before.  I actually finished my Pele' autobiography this morning, and I'm actually hoping to do some WRITING in the morning if this trend holds up!

Work has been great; found out some GREAT news that solved a MAJOR problem that I was having.  Also found out some really cool news about our company as well.

Lunch was simple and good; a cheese stick and two apples.

Boys start "official" soccer practice today, one of my favorite times of year.  Oldest has had a position change which he is very excited about!  Hope it lasts for him.

I hope that your day has been as great as mine has been so far.  I still have problems (we all do, right?) but I'll take these little victories when I can get them.

Get enough sleep, exercise, eat well (listen to Dr. Chopra's podcast again on one of my earlier posts if you need that), take care of the things that you need to take care of, and free up some time to do what you want to do.

A great formula for health and happiness!!!!  Have a great day!

Today's run - 2.29 miles, verified by Nike + running app

No comments:

Post a Comment