Saturday, August 6, 2016

Live from Greenville! - Day 31 of running streak, Day 28 of Sugar free challenge*

Here we are in Greenville, once again.  The oldest kid and I.

She wanted to come here for breakfast, to meet some of her friends from this last mission trip,friends rhat are going away to college that she may never see again.

She'll be coming back here next weekend to go to school for the year. She'll get break, sure, but she'll be here most of the time.  Dancing and learning.  I will miss her.

We've both learned a lot this year. She's learned that the world is a pretty awesome place, that there is adventure around every corner.  That the world is full of amazing places and people, with needs and hopes very different and very similar to her own.

Wait, I think she's known that forever.  She's just been getting to confirm what she already knows.

I've learned that the old life I lived got me almost dead.  Not the good things, like family and church and acting and singing. The bad stuff though:  the bad eating, the bad decisions about career and not sleeping and how I spent my time.

So we thought about not coming today.  We have a lot to do.  Getting ready for school to start and whatnot.  We worked late last night and didn't get much sleep.

And I remembered that life is about relationships and experiences.  So we decided to come to Greenville this morning so that she could see her friends one more time.

I got up early and did a mile or so. To keep the streak going.

It's so beautiful here.  I hope she's having fun.

Relationships and experiences.  And love.  Everything else is either extra or unnecessary.

Later.

Today's run:  1.05 miles, verified by Nike + running app.

No comments:

Post a Comment