Thursday, August 4, 2016

Hitting the wall - Day 29 of running streak, Day 26 of Sugar Free Challenge*

I've hit the wall today, folks.

Not literally; I haven't hit any walls.  Not yet.

But it's been one of those days so far.  Five hours of sleep was strike one.  I should know better.  How can I say that you should get enough sleep when I don't?  Stupid.

I've been terrible at work so far today, probably a result of the above action.

I call people on the phone all day, to try to get them to get on a webinar to see our company's products/services.  When they buy, I get paid more.  Pretty basic process, but it requires energy.

I let people down by not listening to them, by not giving them my full attention.  By not being the best I can be.

I did get my run in today, 2.35 miles.  Think I did that on wind, or will, or something.  My app was acting crazy this morning, blurting out my distance and pace about every ten seconds.  It was super annoying.

I think it got me to 2.35 miles.

So I got my exercise in.  I have eaten well so far today; oatmeal twice, no sugar, fruit on both bowls and honey on one, and some chicken, quinoa and veggies for lunch.

That's what I've done well today.  Those three things:  exercise, breakfast and lunch.

Oh and I've had a LOT of coffee.  That's good for you too.

So I've helped myself by doing other good things for my body and mind.  And writing this, that's very good for me, and I hope for you too.

Sometimes we go into robot mode and plod through stuff.  Wait, I wrote that blog three or four days ago.  Gotta keep it fresh.

One of our guys is riding a Hoverboard around the office booking appointments.  He also has a man bun.  One of my favorite dudes here.

A good friend of mine is leaving tomorrow.  He has been a great friend and mentor in the year and a half I've been here.  But he's excited about the rest of his life, so I'll be excited for him.

I'm going to try to get swept up in the energy and be a good worker, for myself and my family.

But I am wiped out, y'all.  Hope you're full of energy this afternoon.

Oh, also, we have music here at the office.  I heard, "The Boys of Summer" earlier.  It made me feel sad and old.

Sorry to dump.  Gotta pick this up.  Later.

Today's run:  2.35 miles, verified by Nike + running app.

No comments:

Post a Comment