Sunday, August 7, 2016

Yeah! - Day 32 of running streak, Day 29 of Sugar Free Challenge*

Yeah!

I slept in a little until 6 today.  Needed a little extra sleep this morning.

Got out there and started running, decent pace, nothing special.

After 2 miles, my app told me that I had hit 2 miles.  Pace okay, about 8.34 per mile.

Then the coolest thing happened.

I don't listen to music when I run.  I like the quiet, except for the reminders from my app.

So I'm not sure why "Yeah!" by Usher kicked on after two miles.

I love that song.  It just gets me pumped up.  We have music during the day at work, and when that song comes on I do the "take that, rewind it back" part and name off people in the office.  They love it.  I hope you know what I'm talking about.

So I cruised to the end of the run.

The oldest kid had to lay read in church today and give a 5 minute talk about her mission trip to Nicaragua.  Then all three kids and I sang "There is a Balm in Gilead" in four parts for the congregation.  It was really good; I've never sung with all three of them before.  I'd attach the recording here but the iPad was too full and we couldn't record it.  So it's a wonderful memory.

We came home and ate spaghetti.  Then we started going through school supplies as the return to school gets more and more imminent.

Sounds boring, right?  I keep hearing "yeah, yeah, yeah..."

It's been a great day so far.  Possible ice cream social later at church.  Whoop!!

I'm going to miss them when they go back to school. 

Take that and rewind it back...

Today's run:  2.40 miles, verified by Nike + running app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment