Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Joy of Snacks - Day 28 of running streak, Day 25 of Sugar Free Challenge*

I love snacks.

I can't get enough snacks.  I find snacks so satisfying, especially at the end of a long day.

Sometimes, I'm just hungry for some great snacks.  Ravenous maybe.

And I just can't get satisfied until I have some wonderful snacks.

Meals aren't enough, if you eat like I do.  I need snacks!!

Lots and lots of snacks!!

So what kind of snacks do I like??  Healthy snacks of course.

Fruit is wonderful.  Don't let all of these people scare you away saying that the sugar in fruit is the same as refined sugar or high fructose corn syrup.  It's not.  Plus there are a lot of other great reasons to eat fruit, like vitamins and fiber.

But those aren't the only snacks you can have.

Nuts are wonderful snacks as well.  Any kind of nuts.  They are like little energy pellets.  Don't eat too many, maybe a handful at a time.  They will help you feel full and give you energy until your next meal.

You've got to watch the sodium in a lot of snacks, including nuts.  But there are so many nuts available in low salt and no salt varieties that you have to try to miss them in the store.  So please include nuts in your snacks!!

I've been including a mozerella cheese stick in my lunch for protein, but they are great snacks as well.  Usually low fat, they are another great tide me over type of snack.  Any type of cheese is good, as long as you again limit it to an ounce or two.

Finally, a spoonful of peanut butter by itself or on a slice of 100% whole wheat bread is a great snack.
Yes, it has a little sugar, but it's a staple snack for me and I am allowing it on my sugar free challenge*.

So tonight, when you get home, relax and enjoy some wonderful, satisfying snacks.  Or maybe at work you can sneak in some snacks.  It's kind of tricky in the workplace.

Gosh, you'd think that all I think about is snacks!

Today's run - 2.33 miles, verified by Nike + running app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment