Tuesday, August 9, 2016

It's starting to get easier - Day 34 of running streak, day 31 of Sugar Free Challenge*

I've been telling you all about the struggles I have getting past the second mile.

Or more correctly, when I'm approaching mile 2 and know I have about a half mile or more to go.

It's been tough.  But not so much today.  Today I blew through it.  And I didn't have enough sleep (again) and had a lot of negative stuff/stresses on my mind.  They would leave, then come back, then leave, then come back.

But that's what happens every day.  Fatigue and bad thoughts, they come and they go.  Generally if I'm tired, I can't stay awake after 11.  Physically can't; if I sit down I go to sleep.  That's how I know I'm sleep deprived.  And the thoughts, the stresses?  Unfortunately, they're part of my daily life.

So during the run this morning, I double checked my app to make sure it was working,  For some reason it didn't announce anything today, and I had the sound on.  Really?  Have I really ran 1.89 so far?  Doesn't feel like it.

I got to 2.44 today, and I probably could have kept going for a while.

So this isn't to brag, gang, but to let you know.  It gets easier.

It gets easier getting up early to exercise.  It gets easier eating like you should.  It gets easier avoiding sugar (especially if you have a *).

So keep at it.  Things become habits.  Soreness and cravings go away.  When you look at certain foods, instead of thinking, "Damn I want that", you think, "Damn that is no good for me.  I can't believe I used to eat that."  Or, "Damn, how many miles will I have to run to work that off?"

When it starts getting easier, you know you have to challenge yourself more.  You'll have to run farther, which takes more time, so you'll have to get up earlier.  Which means you'll have to get more sleep.  And you'll burn more calories, so you'll have to eat a little more, etc.

This is a good thing.

You'll also get people telling you how good you're doing.  "You look great!!  What have you been doing?"

Watch out for this because it's usually followed by, "You don't do that every day, do you?" or "well, then, one piece of cake won't hurt."

Remember, you're not doing this to please others.  You're helping yourself, which will make you happier and healthier.

Wish the rest of my life would catch up with my running...

Today's run - 2.44 miles, verified by Nike + running app.

No comments:

Post a Comment