Thursday, August 25, 2016

Having a tough time - Days 49-50 of running streak, Days 46-47 of Sugar Free Challenge*

Wednesday's run:  1.06 miles

Today's run:  2.77 miles

I didn't write yesterday, largely because my schedule was really disrupted.  But also because I don't want to keep saying the same things over and over again.

I've told you how wonderful early morning running is.  You can only see for yourself if you do it.

I've told you how exercising and eating better has changed my life.  I hope that it has helped you; a couple of you have contacted me and told me that you were going sugar free* or running, and that's great.  Keep doing it, for goodness sake.

I've mentioned several times how happy and grateful I am to have survived my heart disease and how my outlook on life has changed dramatically.  Sometimes you need your butt kicked to realize how wonderful life is.  How precious every day with your family and friends are.  How you need to run your life, not let it run you.

But I've said that a lot.  I'm not always successful at following my own advice, as I've also said a time or two.

Maybe it's writer's block.  Or maybe I've run out of original things to say.

I love running.  I was tired this morning and ran my farthest during the streak yet.  Plus, officially, it's my 50th day.  I guess that's a milestone, but not really, because I've actually been running for about 63 days.  I have lost 20+ pounds by eating better and running every day.

I'm getting ready to play John Adams in 1776 in about a month.  My first lead in a musical in over 20 years.  I am SOOOOO jacked.  I look at myself in the mirror and can't believe how far I've come in 7 months.  I got to have some publicity photos taken yesterday in costume; super cool.

I also love writing.  It's something that I've always loved doing, just have never done on a regular basis.  This blog helps me do that, so thank you for reading it.

Tell you what:  I'll keep writing if you keep reading.  I'll keep trying to tell you something new but I hope you enjoy a little repetition.

Have a great rest of the day!

Runs verified by Nike + running app.

No comments:

Post a Comment