Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Unwritten - Day 41 of running streak, Day 38 of Sugar Free Challenge*

"Staring at the blank page before you..."

I heard the great song "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield a few days ago, and I realized that I hadn't heard it in a while.

And I thought about Natasha, and her other great songs, and wondered why I hadn't heard anything new from her for a while.

Looks like her last album was back in 2010.  Has she fallen off the grid?  Does anyone know?

I find her to be an extraordinary talent, a great songwriter and singer.  Usually the two don't go together; you're either one or the other.  Surely in our current pop landscape, there's room for Natasha Bedingfield, right?

"Reaching for something in the distance..."

I thought about this song when I was running today.  I run silently, no music, no headphones.  I love the sounds of nature, of the tiny bit of traffic out in my town at 5 am.

Occasionally, I'll start humming or singing something as I'm running.  I don't know all the words to this song, just the bridges and some of the chorus.

"Feel the rain on your skin; no one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in..."

It wasn't raining this morning, but I wanted it to.  I kind of love running in the rain.  I wanted to feel it.

"No one else can speak the words on your lips."

I thought about today.  Today was a blank canvas, a blank page.  Things happen, things go right and wrong.  But you decide how to handle it, you decide what to do.  Sometimes you're right, sometimes not.  But it's up to you.

I ran.  I loved the feeling of digging out the last .50 miles.  I got ready and took the boys to school early.  I was tired but pumped.

Work hasn't been great, but hasn't been bad either.  I've made some mistakes and done some things well.

So far I have written my day.  A lot more to come.

But the rest is still unwritten.

Today's run:  2.57 miles, verified by Nike + running app.  "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield.  Here's the link to the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k0a5hYnSI.  


No comments:

Post a Comment