Friday, August 5, 2016

1 month in - Day 30 of running streak, Day 27 of Sugar Free Challenge*

So I've been at this officially for a month...

How's it going, you may ask?

It's going great, thank you very much.  Got up at 4:30 this morning because I had some extra stuff to do, even though I'm trying to eliminate the morning errands (see a couple posts ago or so).  Went running, fully expecting to crap out after a mile.  Second straight night with not enough sleep.

And what did I do?  Banged out 2.38 miles, longest run on the streak yet.

So I've gotten endurance from doing this.

About a mile or so in this morning, I was expecting to start fading.  But I didn't.  I actually got a little kick in my stride and ran faster, for a while at least.

So I got some fitness out of this.

Weight at beginning of streak:  about 210 lbs.  Today's weight:  202 lbs.

So I got weight loss out of this.

I got tired of not losing weight at the beginning, so I quit refined sugar, for the most part*.

So I no longer eat sweets, put sugar in my coffee, and so forth.

I can't imagine not running every day.  When I even think about it for a second, I hurry up, put on my shoes, and get out there.

So I got persistence and determination out of this, more than I already had.

When I'm down (and I am), when I wake up to thoughts of panic and fear, I get dressed, put on my shoes, and get going.  The bad thoughts linger for a minute, then I'm just one foot in front of the other.  My stress is gone, at least for a while.

So I got a temporary stress reliever out of this.

It's time that is all mine.  I don't run with others; I know that some of you do and that's fine.  I'm a lone wolf.  A slow lone wolf.

So I got my own thing out of this.

And I have a perfect excuse, a need, to write every day.  So that you can read if you want.  I want you to like my writing, but it's really for me.

So I got writing every day out of this.

And running.  Every single day.

See you tomorrow!!

Today's run:  2.38 miles, verified by Nike + running app.  Check out my progress:  https://www.nike.com/us/en_us/p/myactivity






No comments:

Post a Comment