Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Running on empty - Day 42 of running streak, day 39 of Sugar Free Challenge*

Don't worry, I'm not going to do another song lyric blog like I did yesterday.

Although admit it, you're still singing "Unwritten".  Right?

I'm not a Jackson Browne fan at all, so you won't get any of that here.

I am literally running on empty folks.  So tired today.  Haven't gotten close to enough sleep in several days, hope to catch up some tonight.  I have to, really; there's no way I'm going back to the person I was 7 months ago.  No way in hell.

Sleep deprivation was a way of life for me back then.  6 hours was a lot, 5 or less was the norm.  Every night.  And that's where I've been for the last three nights, and why I'm totally burned out today.

And yet...

I got up this morning and ran.  And I didn't take a mulligan; I ran 2.59 miles.  Very slowly, but ran it nevertheless.

The boys and I got ready and I took them to school.  I came to work a tiny bit late, and have made more calls this morning than I have in a while.

So I'm fighting it.  I ate fruit and a cheese stick for lunch, and oatmeal for breakfast, so no lunch hangover for me.  I'm sure that's helping.

But I see me hitting the wall later, folks.  Bam, right into it.

Hopefully I'll be home when this happens.

So much going on, so many issues...

But running is a constant.  Eating well is a constant.  Great family is a constant, thank God.

Keep the constants going, and the rest of it doesn't seem so bad.  Like you can overcome it.

Let's get some sleep tonight, what do you think?

Today's run:  2.59 miles, verified by Nike + running app.

No comments:

Post a Comment